Wednesday 2 April 2014

April 2 - road conditions

I drove back to pick up a couple of chutes for repacking, so we're ready for the spin portion of the annual checkflights.  The road is quite soft - the Jetta kept breaking through the surface ice, and it is pretty soft under. Since the Jetta is not very good - not enough ground clearance, I left it just inside the gate, and walked to the big hangar to get me some silk.  I picked up two chutes, and walked back out to the car (good exercise). With soft/wet snow and mud, it was a good workout. I had time to take some pictures.  Next time I buy, I think I'll get a Subaru, which would have allowed me to drive in!

Main Road, just passed 31  




















Clubhouse Road is still ice; much snow in shady areas


















Corner by Lacasse Hangar

Access possible but a way to go before we anything out...










































Looking back to Carpenter's Shed

























Boudreault Hangar - couple of feet of snow

Melting nicely where the tarmac is

Once you're there, getting in is no problem





















































At corner of hangar looking at the airfield. Lots of melting to go...


Looking from main road to Carpenter's Shed (west)

Corner where you turn to leave from RV/Clubhouse area (east)

Road looking from button 31 to gate (south). Pretty sloppy.

Hangar unpack was changed from Saturday to 12 April by the Board. Fingers crossed that we get the above zero temperatures we'll need, and that the snow stops falling. I'm pretty ready for spring.

Friday forecast - up to 6 kts/5,000 in the Gatineau hills....

4 April forecast


































No comments:

Post a Comment